It is a medical science which deals with repair, removal and replacement of disease tissue or organ by using a sound knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology is called as Surgery.
Sushruta, the author of Sushruta Samhita, one of the oldest texts on surgery from the early Harappan periods of the Indus Valley Civilization (c. 3300 BC) show evidence of teeth having been drilled dating back 9,000 years. Susruta was an ancient Indian surgeon. He is dubbed as the “founding father of surgery”, and his period is usually placed around 1200–600 BC.
Surgery, a branch of medicine that is concerned with the treatment of injuries, diseases, and other disorders by manual and instrumental means. The act of performing surgery may be called a surgical procedure, operation, or simply “surgery”. A surgical team is made up of surgeon, surgeon’s assistant, anesthetist, circulating nurse and surgical technologist. Surgery usually spans minutes to hours, but it is typically not an ongoing or periodic type of treatment.
Homeopathy is a holistic healing method that treats the patient as a whole, not the parts, thus homeopathic medicines can prove very useful in surgical cases, both to avoid surgery as well as to assist speedy recovery in surgical cases. One of the most important duties of the homeopath is to recognize what is curable and what is not curable by our medicines.
- Our department is well equipped & fulfilled with all necessary equipments & Instruments as per the C.C.H. New Delhi norms.
- Our department consists of Demonstration room for students separately.
- Our department consist of separate Museum with 20 specimens
- Our department consists of separate departmental library.
- Operation theater is available at college Hospital, where the students can attend the surgery which increase the knowledge of students.
- Audio-visual teaching aids like X-Rays, instruments are available in Department.